288rwhp 377rwtq and more to come...

XR7 Dave

After shutting down early (4500rpm) due to fuel starvation (100% injector duty cycle suspected) the 2300 Whipple made 288rwhp on a primarily stock SC. Look for updates as we push the envelope past the 300rwhp range with some more fuel and a few tweaks. ;)

Dave, Those are some awesome numbers congratulations. This makes me wanna put one on my car and put 350 to the wheels.

Last edited:
This is really really good! I can't WAIT for all the final numbers to come out.

Listen, .... At what point are you going to rev the "primarily stock" motor? ... Also, other than exhaust, what else is done? ..... ... And, at this point, do you have to upgrade the injectors & pump?

Dang, can't wait to see one of those on a hyped up SC.

Anthony

Anthony,

I believe the SWB has only a Flowmaster cat-back system, and still employs stock cats and stock down tubes. As far as I can remember, the only thing "not stock" was the intercooler and the components used to make the whipple work (inlet, top, fuel rail). Otherwise, it doesn't get much more stock than that, in my opinion.

Dave,

This is totally insane man. I can't wait to see what develops!

To consider this mod you must have at least 42lb injectors and the appropriate fuel pump. If you have ported heads and some other stuff, start shopping for 55's. :D

Oh, and this car is VERY stock. It still has stock cats on it. With the stock M90 car only makes about 190rwhp. ;)

Holy Sheit Man. ... I can't WAIT to how about the other people's projects! Because once they are successfull. ... Well then.. Us little people can get one too.

First I gotta figure out my fire problem. Just dropped a new bottom end in & almost lost it to another fire again yesterday. Not even 100 miles on it.. .. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

Anthony

Dave,
Nice to see that you can make that much power on an all most stock car. Now I would like to buy one if only the money was there for it right now.

I believe the SWB has only a Flowmaster cat-back system, and still employs stock cats and stock down tubes. As far as I can remember, the only thing "not stock" was the intercooler and the components used to make the whipple work (inlet, top, fuel rail). Otherwise, it doesn't get much more stock than that, in my opinion

Oh yeah, well lets see him try to do this with a full length car and a complete hood! :p

That is just great Dave, finally a real mod. What have we all been doing the last few years? I have decided to ditch the nitrous and just use the bottle to hold beer.

Being that there is supposedly a stock longblock SC running all magnum powers gear with 300rwhp I see no reason why the whipple powered setup cant top that. Seems that the 20+ psi was a problem..Dave ya gunna try a larger to reduce boost perhaps to 17 or so?

XR7 Dave said:
To consider this mod you must have at least 42lb injectors and the appropriate fuel pump. If you have ported heads and some other stuff, start shopping for 55's. :D

Oh, and this car is VERY stock. It still has stock cats on it. With the stock M90 car only makes about 190rwhp. ;)

Was the SWB ever dynoed with the MP fornt mount and original M90 for a baseline?

The installation was very nice on the whipple. I will give you major props for even attempting to drive the car down to STL. I think there will be a few people wanting one along with a front mount.

Very IMPRESSIVE !!!!!!!!!

Whipple at TGI Friday's Parking lot

swb1.jpg

swb2.jpg

swb3.jpg

Jerry

I'm staring to save up now for that joker!
I also really dig that front clip. Who makes it and where can I get one?

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
Being that there is supposedly a stock longblock SC running all magnum powers gear with 300rwhp I see no reason why the whipple powered setup cant top that. Seems that the 20+ psi was a problem..Dave ya gunna try a larger to reduce boost perhaps to 17 or so?
I've talked with Don Pitman and have seen his car in person. That car made 310rwhp and besides the full MP treatment the car also had mildly ported heads, fuel system, long tube headers, full exhaust treatment, and dyno tuning. I think those are the only things standing between us and 350rwhp.

I honestly don't think that the boost is the problem, I think that it was fine until the stock cats and lack of fuel got in the way of things. We did not experience audible detonation even when it leaned out and with torque well over 350ftlbs until it started leaning out we were well on our way to 310rwhp through the stock cats. I think that a free flowing exhaust would help to level off the boost creep that I was seeing as the RPMs climbed. I think it would level off around 17psi anyway if it had a little less back pressure.

Thanks guys for the photos and for the video. Now I gotta get back to work! lol

FYI, My computer is down at home (I'm at David Neiberts) so I'll be off line a few days.

Back